The saying goes “Birds of a feather flock together.”
Just as bird species flock together, people with similar interests tend to congregate with one another.
ICCM attendees come seeking answers or ideas regarding a wide range of technical and management subjects, but not all of these can be planned as a workshop or formal session. So, Birds Of a Feather, or BoF sessions, bring people with similar interests together to meet and discuss these topics.
Wondering what BoF topics we discuss? They vary every year, and some of the BoF groups last year included:
- Short-term IT missions trips
- The new EU data law and what it means to the missions community
- Endpoint security
- Collaborative community licensing (WebRoot)
- Augmented reality
- Power generation and storage devices
- Future of InfoSec in sensitive places
- eLearning software
- Virtual desktops for end users
- Managing clients assets
- Information security
- Mobile devices in ministry
- Good tech project management
- Office 365
- Improving recruiting of missions tech generalists
- Quantum computing
- Mission(s): What is it? Why do we it?
- Backups and disaster recovery
- WordPress for web development
- Setting up technology strategy and systems
As a group, we’ll vote on BoF topics proposed by conference attendees. With 3 time slots and several rooms, we are able to accommodate a number of BoFs. These are deeply collaborative sessions where new concepts are unpacked, longstanding problems are addressed, and great ideas are born.